6th October 2014 - Daily Current AffairsInternational Affairs
- Today is World Habitat Day, this day is aside annually to recognize the basic right of all humanity to adequate shelter and to encourage grassroots action toward ending poverty housing.
- Hong Kong stared to return to work today after more than a week of pro-democracy protests disrupted the Chinese-controlled city, with the protest movement facing a test of its stamina after more clashes with police and pro-Beijing opponents.
- Lakhs of Muslims thronged mosques and Eidgahs today to offer prayers as mass animal sacrifices, piety and spirit of brotherhood marked Eid-ul-Zuha which was celebrated across the country with traditional fervor.
- India today asked Pakistan to put an immediate end to ceasefire violations along the border in Jammu and Kashmir as the ground realities in the country had changed.
- The Election Commission today issued show case notice to Union Minister Nitin Gadkari on violation of model code of conduct over statements made by him in Latur district during a public meeting in Maharashtra, where Assembly elections are due to take place on 15th October.
- The West Bengal Government has formed a high level composite Task Force to investigate into recent blast at Khagragarh in Burdwan District in which two persons were killed.
- As SEBI tightens noose on defaulters and market manipulators the number of attachment proceedings initiated by the market regulator against those having defaulted on payment of penalties has crossed the 1,500 mark.
- Crude price slipped today to multi year lows owing to a build up in supplies while the doller rallied in response to a strong US jobs report as analysts warned of further losses.
- India along with Japan, the US, China and Canada will start work on the world's biggest telescope on Hawaii Island that will enable to identify an object as small as coin from a distance of 500 kms.
- The launch of India's third navigational satellite IRNSS-1C has been postponed by a week, the Indian space agency today. In a posting on its Facebook page the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) said "Due to an observation in the telemetry system, the launch has been postponed for a week."
- World Junior Chess Championships begin in Pune.
- After the likes of Sachin Tendulker and Virat Kojli, Mahendra Singh Dhoni has become the latest cricketer to own a football team in the high-profile Indian Super League (ISL) investing the Chennaiyin Football Club ahead of the even starting 12th October.